Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rip-off

Beware of efax.com! They claim to offer a free trial but they do not. I signed up for the "free trial" because I had to fax a lease agreement for my daughter. The leasing company would not accept an email attachment?!? Whatever.

Not owning a facsimile machine since the 20th century I went online. So I find this company which offers a "free trial" for sending and receiving faxes. They require a credit card number but say that you won't be charged for the service if you cancel within 30 days. I figure I would use it then cancel and bingo bango would be done with it. I sign up, send my faxes back into the 20th century and think great, I'm done nice and neat. Well today I go into cancel my account and am surprised by a $10- charge to my Amex. It has only been 1 day since I signed up so what was the deal? I sent an email to their "customer support" and got back a form letter which they apparently send out all too frequently. Basically it says F U and we are keeping your ten bucks! This is why I am sending out this warning to anyone who may see this post. Watch out for this sleazy, deceptive web site!

No comments: