Friday, June 06, 2008

Plurk - The new social network aint so social

I have been using Plurk for only a couple of days now. I was cajoled into it by a friend at the office. It is an instant messaging type service with an historical timeline which allows you to go back and comment on posts made by people in your network as well as post your own messages. The one issue I have been seeing as more people join is that, much like Twitter, it is having trouble handling the load. I just got this a few minutes ago "Oops... The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again in a few moments."

It is a fun way to connect with multiple people but if it continues to have issues like this, or if the issue actually get worse, I see Plurk going the way of the dinosaur.

No comments: