Tuesday, June 10, 2008

They Call Me Scooter

Got my new electric moped Sunday and have been having tons of fun breaking it in. I will eventually start using it for my daily commute. With gas prices over $4- a gallon, I will be smiling all the way to work and back!

Drove it a few miles this morning to go and vote in our local elections. Had a little problem when my right foot got caught on a piece of trim and I ended up taking a spill. No big damage, just a few scratches and popped off the end of the right break handle. I have to take in back in a couple of weeks to get a part replace anyway so I figure I will just have that replaced then as well.

I strongly recommend to anyone with a short commute to look into buying one of these. It is not only good for the environment but it would also be good for your pocket!

1 comment:

country mouse said...

great to see you riding scooters but why are you playing squid-boy? you hit the road at 5-10 mph and you are looking at major road rash on your body and face. when you fall off a scooter, you head is falling 4 feet at least which means it hits the pavement with a force of 200G or more.

ride safe, don't be a squid